GIFT – STRESS RESET
give the gift of calm.
Being there to support someone through stress or when the pressure is on is already a great gift. But by giving this course you are helping them gain insight in to how they can bring their A-game when it really matters most, and helping them to understand how they can build effective relaxation, connection with those around them, and greater well-being into their day-to-day life.
a stress reset will Transform the receiver of your gift from feeling stressed to feeling in control, energised, connected and resilient in 8 weeks.
Stress can take a toll on the strongest of bonds. It can leave us feeling helpless and disconnected from those around us… no matter how hard we try to offer support.
Often overwhelmed, anxious and exhausted, stressed-out loved ones can feel trapped in a spiral of additional burdens and responsibility, struggling to see the people and resources they have around them or their own strengths and resilience. Unfortunately, getting them to see this … or to accept help … can be an uphill battle.
But stress is a natural process. It was designed to keep us alive. It is a sign that there are things we really CARE about in life. Understanding the science behind this process makes finding effective solutions so much easier – no more guess work or “life hacks”.
Embrace Stress introduces proactive, pre-emptive stress management strategies, which help you to recognise, reframe, and reset stress-related triggers and behaviours. At the end of the course you will have a personal plan for dealing with stress, and growing more confident and resilient in the face of adversity.
Don’t let stress define your limits, use it to drive you forward.
This guided online course will change the way you look at the stress producing habits and events in your life (big or small). You will regain control of the way your mind and body respond to stress.
The Stress Reset course is for you if you …
- self-manage current stress
- need to be able to perform at your best under pressure, when it really matters
- want to know how to pro-actively approach future stressors to become more resilient,
- want to minimise the health implications of stress;
- want to help staff or friends through stressful situations;
- interact with stressed individuals (at work or at home!);
- are a leader who wants to build awareness, understanding and practical toolkits for employees
** side effects of embracing stress**
Most of us have come to accept a relatively high level of stress as “just part of life”. So much so we don’t realise the impact it has on our mood and performance day-to-day.
Side effects of taking a sustainable, long-term approach when managing stress are…
– a happier life
– more energy
– increased confidence to face challenges as they arise
– more connected relationships
– improved physical & emotional health (general well-being)
– greater sense of purpose & focus
– ability to manage pressure
– courage, motivation & drive to achieve your goals
– improved productivity, creativity and problem-solving
– more time for the things that are most important in their life.
HOW DO WE RESET STRESS?
General practice has become to avoid stress and relieve its symptoms. But science suggests that increased self-awareness, self-acknowledgement and acceptance are key to finding balance and success long term.
The Stress Reset course combines key elements of coaching, self-development and science in a way that is accessible and relevant to everyone.
INTRO – REFLECT
Before we start the course, it’s helpful to set a baseline for our current relationship with stress. We will look at the definitions we use when we talk about stress, and the importance of “stress mindset” … what you believe about stress matters.
MODULE 1 – RECOGNISE
Stress is your body’s natural way of responding to any kind of demand or threat… but there is more to this response than fight or flight.
We look at the biology of stress; how the mind and body play equally important roles in the process; identify your own personal stress response and exactly what triggers it; and we look at ways to relieve physical symptoms of stress.
MODULE 2 – REFRAME
You cannot necessarily control everything in life, but you can control how you view it.
We begin to explore how we can use the stress triggers and symptoms to start to change our reaction to stress. We also see how the little habits our brain has developed to promote survival can trip us up in the modern world, and how to work around them.
MODULE 3 – REALIGN
Research on resilience shows that having a sense of purpose helps people persist through – and bounce back from – adversity.
We identify the things that are most important to you – your values – and how you can connect with them to find strength and solutions under pressure. This includes a deeper dive in to procrastination and worrying – both frequently associated with stress.
MODULE 4 – RECONNECT
Stress can be isolating. WE can feel inadequate, singled-out and alone in our struggle.
We will look at how connecting and caring for others triggers the biology of courage and creates hope; examine and extend our support network; hone in on why personal conflict can be so hard to deal with and simple techniques for dealing with it.
MODULE 5 – RENEW
Without our stress responses, our ability to effectively learn, form memories, and change our behaviors for better survival would be severely diminished. But is it true what doesn’t kill us makes us stronger?
We identify your strengths, how you can utilise them to perform well under-pressure, and the value of reflection in building resilience. We will also look specifically at overwhelm – when we feel inadequate to the task(s) at hand – and what to do about it.
MODULE 6 – REFRESH
The pursuit of happiness has become a big source of stress… but science shows that there are small shifts and habits that can make a big difference. Learn what psychology and neuroscience have discovered really makes us happy; and how to build more of them in to your day without creating more demands on your time, money or energy.
MODULE 7 – RESET
Knowledge is only half the battle.
Time to put the techniques you have found work for you over the last 6 weeks in to a personal action plan. Outline how you will use and build on what you have learned to rise to the challenge under pressure, and create more meaning, success, and happiness in life without more stress.
two ways to give the gift of calm with the stress reset
- Independent Study Online – go at your own pace with support from the Facebook Community and email help desk
- 1-on-1 Coaching – Combine Online learning with an opportunity to address specific symptoms, triggers and stress-strategies via a 1 hour 1-on -1 coaching session. Ideal for accelerating personal progress and reflection, immediate concerns, or to jump-start the reset program.
How is the online course delivered?
Video instruction with Clear Action items – practical and tactical to make the most of your time learning
Worksheets & Assessments help you understand where to focus and improve your own reaction to stress
Community and Email support – Access our private Facebook page and community’s supportive conversations. You will also receive weekly check-in emails instructions to help you get the most out of the content.
Technical support via help desk
Lifetime access to content plus any updates
14-day Money Back guarantee: If for any reason you are not completely satisfied with a course, please email email@example.com within 14 days of purchase and we will issue a refund.
THE STRESS RESETONLINE COURSE
- Work at your own pace with support from the Facebook Community and email help desk.
- Learn the science behind stress and stress management, and how to apply this to your life using small, adaptable habits and mindset shifts.
- Examples of how techniques such as journaling, using one’s core strengths, empathy, breathwork can be used to address both everyday stressors and build resilience.
- ** BONUS ** Access to “The 8 Elements of an Effective Day” including downloadable Embrace Stress Daily Habit Tracker. 8 quick and easy daily actions to put your brain and body on the right path to perform at their best throughout the day. Habits that promote calm, productivity, happiness and a restful nights sleep.
- Video instruction with Clear Action items – practical and tactical to make the most of your time learning
- Worksheets & Assessments help you understand where to focus and improve your own reaction to stress
- Community and Email support – Access our private Facebook page and community’s supportive conversations. You will also receive weekly check-in emails instructions to help you get the most out of the content.
THE STRESS RESET1-on-1 Coaching session
- Full access to The Stress Reset Online … PLUS …
- One 1 hour private coaching session. A chance to delve deeper in to specific aspects of the stress in your life and how you can combat them. This could be a particularly stressful event or situation at the moment; preparing a strategy for a pressure point you face regularly – e.g. board meetings, presentations, family conflict; To ask questions and expand your understanding of the science of stress and how you can harness this knowledge for your own stress strategies or to support those around you.
- FAQ 1 – sessions can be delivered via Zoom/Skype (in person in London – social distancing rules permitting!)
- FAQ 2 – As daunting as sharing your worries and perceived weaknesses with others may seem, this is a surprisingly empowering and uplifting experience
- FAQ 3 – Stress doesn’t recognise the work-personal boundaries, nor do we! There is often overlap between the two, so we can discuss whatever is on your mind
why i embrace stress
I love helping people understand the role their brain plays in working, leading and living effectively and happily.
I bring over 20 years experience in the high-pressure environment of Investment Banking. While I have been successful, I also admit I’ve had points when I have felt exhausted, overwhelmed, isolated, like I was failing, and would describe some experiences as having “broken me”. Yet most of the time I wouldn’t have described myself as stressed!
Over time I discovered vital aspects of stress management which, had I learned many years ago, would have transformed my ability to perform to my full potential, lead effectively and feel happier, healthier and more fulfilled in life.
There is so much knowledge, information, training and tips available today but sometimes that in itself can become overwhelming and another source of stress. Through Embrace Stress, I am pulling together the best information and practical solutions out there into a format which makes it easy for you to benefit from them immediately.
I have combined this experience with my training as a an Executive Coach and in Neuroscience and Psychology relating to stress, mental health and leadership to bring practical solutions to the problems so many of us face in our hectic modern world.
I look forward to meeting you on your journey through Embrace Stress – Stress Reset.
Charlotte – Chief Stress Officer
Sometimes a more personalised approach is what’s needed to make rapid progress in changing your stress response and behaviours. Develop a personal strategy for managing stress, grow more confident and resilient in the face of adversity, and learn how to perform at your best under pressure.
In our One-on-One coaching, we look at how your wellbeing, work and personal beliefs contribute to your stress and tailor our sessions to address these.